I found this candid piece by a medical transcriptionist hilarious, even though some of the mistakes made by either the doctor or the transcriptionist shouldn’t be funny at all. I always wondered why doctors carried around a microrecorder and mutter to themselves in the hallway or at their desks. “Wouldn’t it be easier to learn short hand and write those notes so you don’t need to write it up again?” I wondered. Now I know that they save themselves that time by outsourcing that task to medical transcriptionists.
- What are the dangers of taking Mucinex DM and Tylenol simultaneously?
- Do Mylan shareholders want the CEO to keep raising the price of the EpiPen?
- Theranos’ AACC Presentation: Not the Reboot We Were Hoping For
- Killing Zika Virus Carrying Mosquitoes with Gene Drives?
- Transgender, Cisgender: Where does gender identity come from?
- How Antibiotics Work
- Theranos’ Elizabeth Holmes is Not a Liar
- The Theranos Problem in One WSJ Graphic
- What Pharma Companies Need
- Biotechnology Stock Price Drivers