Back in 2003 when I worked in pharma, this would have been major mind-boggling news (when Pfizer paid over $400M in fines). Now, almost 10 years later, pharmacos “set aside money” for penalty and this sort of news is no longer news. Whatever ethics we are legislating, it is obviously not working against financial incentives that drive this behavior.
- What are the dangers of taking Mucinex DM and Tylenol simultaneously?
- Do Mylan shareholders want the CEO to keep raising the price of the EpiPen?
- Theranos’ AACC Presentation: Not the Reboot We Were Hoping For
- Killing Zika Virus Carrying Mosquitoes with Gene Drives?
- Transgender, Cisgender: Where does gender identity come from?
- How Antibiotics Work
- Theranos’ Elizabeth Holmes is Not a Liar
- The Theranos Problem in One WSJ Graphic
- What Pharma Companies Need
- Biotechnology Stock Price Drivers